Barksdale Halloween COVID-19 Guidance
By Courtesy article, 2nd Bomb Wing Public Affairs
/ Published October 15, 2020
BARKSDALE AIR FORCE BASE, La. --
This year a traditional Halloween will be meshing with current COVID-19 guidance in an effort to keep our families healthy, safe, and make sure they have fun! So please check out the below guidance if you plan on participating in any Trick-or-Treating this year. Trick-or-Treating on base will be from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. October 31st, 2020.
1. Do not participate in any Halloween activities if you or your family have COVID-19 symptoms, have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the past 14-days, have a pending COVID-19 test, or currently on restriction of movement, quarantine or isolation status.
2. Always maintain a 6 feet physical distance away from members not within your household.
3. Do not crowd individual households while participating.
4. Traditional style trick-or-treating is permitted only if one member of the household is handing out treats while wearing gloves or using tongs and one family is served at a time. An alternative would be individually wrapped goodie bags spaced a part in a driveway/sidewalk/etc. Or a contactless "candy chute"
5. Do not offer shared distribution means (i.e. a big bowl that everyone pulls from). Do not introduce an opportunity for visitors to come into contact with common surfaces or objects.
6. Households preparing treats or goodie bags should adhere to proper hand washing procedures.
7. Masks/Facial coverings are to be worn when at least a 6 feet physical distance cannot be maintained or when around individuals who do not live with you. Halloween/costume masks are NOT substitutes for a cloth mask/facial covering unless they meet CDC recommendations for masks. Costume masks should NOT be worn over top of cloth/facial masks as it presents a breathing hazard.
8. Do not eat any candy until you have washed your hands.
Stay safe, Team Barksdale!