By Staff Report
2nd Medical Group
A 2nd Medical Group doctor checks the breathing of a simulated patient during a chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear decontamination exercise on Barksdale Air Force Base, La., Nov. 15, 2017. In this exercise, patients self-presented themselves to the clinic with chemical exposure. The individuals were brought to the decontamination unit, triaged, decontaminated, triaged again and then prepped for transport to a local hospital. (U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Benjamin Raughton)
A list of local urgent care centers was provided courtesy of the 2nd Medical Group.
Urgent Care of Louisiana, LLC.
ADDRESS:6841 Fern Ave., Ste. 100, Shreveport, La., 71105.
First Care Bossier
ADDRESS: 5390 Barksdale Blvd., Ste. 100, Bossier City, La., 71112
ADDRESS: 2539 Viking Dr., Ste. 100, Bossier City, La., 71111
First Care Shreveport
ADDRESS: 9425 Healthplex Dr., Ste. 102, Shreveport< La., 71106
ADDRESS: 2151 Airline Dr., Ste. 700, Bossier City, La., 71111
ADDRESS: 7045 Youree Dr., Shreveport, La., 71105
ADDRESS: 9300 Mansfield Rd., Shreveport, La., 71118
Healthcare Express, LLP
ADDRESS: 4526 Northport Blvd., Shreveport, La., 71107
ADDRESS: 2520 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop., Ste. 105, Shreveport, La., 71118
University Health at Provenance
ADDRESS: 1023 Provenance Pl., Ste. 100, Shreveport, La., 71106
WK Urgent Care Center
ADDRESS: 2300 Hospital Dr., Ste. 180, Bossier City, La., 71111
WK Urgent Care Center Pierremont
ADDRESS: 9460 Ellerbe Rd., Ste. 140, Shreveport, La., 71106
WK Urgent Care Center
ADDRESS: 2520 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop, Ste. 105, Shreveport, La., 71118
It is now official! Non-active duty TRICARE Prime enrollees no longer require an authorization for network urgent care visits.
Very important to note:
- These changes do not apply to Active Duty service members.
- Only network urgent care providers apply to this policy. Please visit TRICARE.mil for a list of TRICARE Authorized network providers. If you have additional questions, contact the Barksdale Tricare and Patient Administration section at 456-6405 or 456-0375.
The official implementation date for this change is Jan. 10, 2018. However, bills will be retroactively paid for services provided on or after Jan 1, 2018. The TRICARE contractor, Humana, has modified their processes to prevent the creation of a bill for any urgent care visit from this day forward.
The Barksdale medical group still wants to be your first choice to provide your urgent care needs. We have many benefits that aren’t always available with network urgent care providers. Benefits include:
- Our pharmacy provides in-house prescriptions without a co-pay or a trip to an outside pharmacy.
- Our in-house laboratory is capable of virtually all medical lab testing and results automatically transfer to your military medical record and are available on Tricare Online.
- Our in-house radiology department has CAT scan and Ultrasound capability that frequently can be conducted on the same day.
- We have your medical records. Urgent care centers do not posses your medical records. This information helps us provide safer medical care with more continuity.
- We have just hired two new physicians and our appointment availability is improving.
Now that a referral is no longer required, the Barksdale medical staff will not be able to identify patients who seek off-base urgent care. In order for us to provide the best care possible, we will need help from our beneficiaries to request documentation from these off-base urgent care visits.