CFC kicks off at Barksdale Published Sept. 20, 2013 By Staff Sgt. Katherine Holt 2nd Bomb Wing Public Affairs BARKSDALE AIR FORCE BASE, La. -- The Combined Federal Campaign kicked off Sept. 16 when Col. Andrew Gebara, 2nd Bomb Wing commander, filled out his form and with an official CFC kick-off breakfast Sept. 17 at the Barksdale Club. The campaign, themed "Giving for good," is scheduled to run until Dec. 15. "My favorite author and speaker once said, 'let us not give up or become weary in doing good. We will reap a harvest if we do not give up,'" said Col. Leland Bohannon, 2nd Bomb Wing vice commander, in his speech during the kick-off breakfast. "What that says to me is everything the CFC is all about--doing good, especially to a lot of people." There are more than 3,000 charities that are able to benefit from contributions and 69 of those charities are in the local community. "What amazes me is that those who serve their nation, whether as a government servant, civil servant or in the military, continue to not only serve through their job, but they're now serving and giving through the combined federal campaign," said Bohannon. "As we go out and as we encourage others to give, I think we stand to reap a huge harvest of goodness that comes from doing that." Team Barksdale's goal is to meet or exceed $230,000 in donations and 100 percent contact of all personnel. "Contributions are voluntary," said Maj. Mary Workman, base CFC coordinator. "Willing participants can make a cash or payroll deduction contribution. There will be a CFC keyworker in their unit contacting them." Last year, Team Barksdale met their goal of $225,000 and received an award for the largest contribution in Northwest Louisiana. Personnel interested in donating to the CFC or interested in finding out more about eligible charities should contact their unit keyworker or visit www.cfcnwla.org.