Winter Weather Update
By Courtesy article, 2nd Bomb Wing Public Affairs
/ Published February 16, 2021
BARKSDALE AIR FORCE BASE, La. --
Updated Monday., Feb. 22
**To report facility damages contact the 2nd CES damage control center at 318-456-3071. To report network outages or IT equipment damage call 318-456-2666, Option 1.**
***The Airman & Family Readiness Center has stood up an Emergency Family Assistance Center (EFAC). For any emergency needs or information, please call 318-456-8400. The EFAC will assess your needs and connect you with available resources, including assistance from the Air Force Aid Society, which is making $500 grants in emergency financial assistance for incidentals such as short term hotel stays, additional food needs and other basic living expenses or emergency needs. Eligibility information for AFAS grants can be found here: https://afas.org/how-we-help/standard-assistance/.***
- West/Shreveport Gate operating as normal.
- North Gate open for normal working hours of 6 a.m. through 6 p.m.
- Industrial Gate will open Monday for regular hours.
- Bodcau Gate open for normal hours.
- Force Support Operations will adjust as follows:
- Youth Flight, including the Youth Center and both CDCs will reopen for normal operating hours (6:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.) on Monday, 22 February.
- Room 3 at CDC-East and Pre-School at CDC-West will remain closed Monday, 22 February, due to weather-related and staffing issues. For more information call 318-456-3448.
- Red River Dining Facility is now back on normal operating hours.
- The Base Library and Barksdale Club will not reopen Monday.
- AAFES Facilities/Commissary:
- Commissary is open for business Monday, 22 February, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- AAFES Main Exchange will operate for holiday hours (10 a.m. - 6 p.m.). Mall and Food Court remain closed.
- Military Clothing Sales will reopen for normal business hours on Monday, 22 February.
- AAFES (Express locations) will remain open but with altered hours.
- Main Express: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. Capehart Express: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Housing Maintenance:
- Call 318-747-2723 for Hunt Housing maintenance
Please stay safe!