Colonel Scott Weyermuller is the commander of the 2d Bomb Wing, Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana. He is responsible for providing combat-ready B-52H aircraft, crews, and associated combat support to conduct global operational taskings. As Barksdale’s installation commander, he support 32 tenant units, including Headquarters, Air Force Global Strike Command; Headquarter, 8th Air Force; and the Air Force Reserve Command’s 307th Bomb Wing. He promotes the welfare of more than 11,400 military and civilian personnel, 6,300 family members, and 25,000 retirees.
Colonel Weyermuller received his commission as a distinguished graduate from the United States Air Force Academy in 1999. He served as a structural engineer in the A-10 Program Office, as a B-52 aircraft commander, and as a B-2 instructor and evaluator pilot. He commanded the 393d Bomb Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Missouri, where he was responsible for the combat readiness of one of only two operational B-2 stealth bomber squadrons in the Air Force. His staff assignments included leading the rewrite of the major operational war plan for the defense of the Korean peninsula as well as leading the strategic requirements and programming for $19.9 billion in B-1, B-2, and B-52 bomber fleet modernization programs.
Colonel Weyermuller is a command pilot with more than 2,500 flying hours in the B-2 and B-52 including more than 30 combat hours in support of Operation Odyssey Dawn.
Prior to his current assignment, he was the Vice Commander of the Eighth Air Force, Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana.
1999, Distinguished Graduate, Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Sciences, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
2000, Master of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering, Air Force Institute of Technology Civilian Institution, University of Texas at Austin
Top Third Graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008, Air Command and Staff College (Correspondence and Residence Equivalent)
2011, Master of Philosophy degree in Military Strategy, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
Air War College (Correspondence)
2017, Joint and Combined Warfighting School, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2018, Air Force Nuclear Fellowship, RAND-Project Air Force, Santa Monica, Calif.
2021, Leading Strategically Executive Course, Center for Creative Leadership, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1. June 1999 - August 2000, Student, AFIT/CI, University of Texas at Austin
2. September 2000 - May 2002, Structural Engineer, A-10 System Program Office, Hill AFB, Utah
3. June 2002 - May 2003, Executive Officer, Mature and Proven Aircraft Directorate, Hill AFB, Utah
4. June 2003 - December 2004, student, Euro NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training, Sheppard AFB, Texas
5. January 2005 - April 2008, B-52 Aircraft Commander, Flight Commander, and Chief of Scheduling, 20th Bomb Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
6. May 2008 - June 2011, B-2 Evaluator Pilot, T-38 Pilot, Chief of Training, and Assistant Director of Operations, 13th Bomb Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
7. July 2011 - June 2012, student, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. July 2012 - June 2014, Lead Planner, Combined/Joint Plans Division, Combined Forces Command, USAG Yongsan, Republic of Korea
9. July 2014 - June 2015, Director of Operations, 509th Operations Support Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
10. July 2015 - March 2017, Commander, 393d Bomb Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
11. April 2017- June 2017, Deputy Commander, 509th Operations Group, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
12. July 2017- June 2018, Air Force Nuclear Fellow, RAND-Project Air Force, Santa Monica, Calif.
13. July 2018 - March 2019, Division Chief, Bomber Requirements, Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale AFB, La.
14. March 2019 - June 2021, Vice Commander, 2d Bomb Wing, Barksdale AFB, La.
15. July 2021 - March 2022, Vice Commander, Eighth Air Force, Barksdale AFB, La.
16. March 2022 - Present, Commander, 2d Bomb Wing, Barksdale AFB, La.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
July 2012 - June 2014, Lead Planner, Combined/Joint Plans Division, Combined Forces Command, USAG Yongsan, Republic of Korea as a lieutenant colonel
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: more than 2,500
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, B-2, and B-52
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
(Current as of March 2022)