BUFF Clubs ROEs
- Clubs will be maintained by the hosts and mentors.
- Mentors are responsible for leading, guiding, and instructing club members who are new or wanting to learn what the club supports or offers.
- Hosts are responsible for coordinating events and meetings between the club members and mentors.
- The clubs may use closed Facebook groups for communicating and coordinating events among themselves.
- Mentors and hosts are responsible for the upkeep, as admins, of the club’s Facebook groups and must work the Facebook page through the Barksdale Public site.
- The Facebook group will use a single email account through Gmail.
- Emails will be created as: BUFF<insertclubname>@gmail.com. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that the passwords should be the same for both the Facebook and Gmail accounts.
- Facebook will require a cell phone number to be provided in order to create the page. The cell phone number must be a number belonging to a host or mentor and can be changed at any time.
- If only one mentor or host has access to the account and is stepping down from the position, they must find a replacement in order to keep the club going.
- If a club does not have a mentor or host, they have until the end of the next full quarter to find a new mentor or host or the club will be temporarily terminated until one is found. Clubs will receive an official notice on the club’s Facebook group of the pending closure.
- The Facebook group and Public Site will list a brief explanation of the club and its POCs.
- The Facebook group will be a closed group but should be open to all members, civilians, and dependents of the Barksdale AFB community. No one shall be denied access to the club if they are affiliated with Barksdale AFB in any capacity.
- Once the Facebook group is created, send an email with the clubs name, link, Gmail username and password, a brief explanation of the club, and the category you would like your club to show up under to the following:
Capt Boss: email@example.com
SMSgt McKinney: firstname.lastname@example.org
SMSgt Talley: email@example.com
- Off base organizations may support a club of their choice but they cannot be asked by a club for official support.
- Clubs cannot force dues on its members, however, they can be sponsored and members must pay for any equipment, services, or location they will use. (I.e. Uniforms, Outdoor Rec/MWR equipment, trips, etc.)
- Clubs cannot fund raise as an official function and will not maintain funds.
- A club may become a private organization, however, the club itself will stay intact as its members become a private organization. Once a private organization is established, they cannot affiliate themselves as a club and will abide by the rules of being a private organization.
Barksdale DnD is a community for fellow Dungeons and Dragons players to meet and connect with each other. Enthusiasts and newcomers are welcome! Click below to join us on Facebook!
POINT OF CONTACT: SrA Van BuskirkBUFFBarksdaleDnD@gmail.com
Barksdale Board Games is a group designed to bring together the members of the Barksdale community by making friends, hosting events and by playing board games. Join us on Facebook!
POINT OF CONTACT:
SrA Kelsey BachmeierBUFFboardgames@gmail.com
Welcome to the Barksdale AFB Video Game Club! We're a group of video game enthusiasts whose hobbies include first-person shooters to MMOs to sports! PlayStation, Xbox, PC, Wii, if you play games, you're in the right spot! If you'd like to be a part of the BUFF Gaming Community, please feel free to request an invite - we'd be honored to have you! Find us on Facebook at https://facebook.com/groups/BUFFGaming/
SrA Dorner Jeffrey, A1C Vezie AlexanderBUFFVideoGameClub@gmail.com
BUFF Fit is a military CrossFit affiliate operated in the Iron Airman Gym behind Airman Leadership School. It's an unofficial activity and is not endorsed by the Air Force.. Our coaches are volunteers who have completed the CrossFit Level 1 seminar. Classes are FREE and open to beginner, intermediate or advanced athletes over 18. Our goal is to support, educate and encourage participants to achieve their fitness goals. It's more than a gym, its a community! Click below to join us on Facebook!
SCHEDULE:M: 0600 & 1730T: 0600 & noonW: 0600TH: 0600 & noonF: 0600 & 1730S: 0900
MSgt Roy Foster, 1LT Mark Edwards, CMSgt Christy Peterson. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
CLUB DESCRIPTION: Since its inception in 1977, Shreveport Rugby has been a diverse organization reaching much farther than just the ArkLaTex region. Our players from the Northwest LA area have traveled both around the country and internationally to play with other clubs; we have a host of team members from across the USA - many of whom are in the area working at Barksdale Air Force Base; three of SRFC's members have been selected to play for the U.S. Air Force Rugby 7's team. Additionally, the club has been privileged to have players from around the globe, including Mexico, Canada, South Africa, the UK, Australia, and more. So whether you are looking for a way to stay active and competitive, to build lasting relationships, or just a great activity to enjoy with friends and family. Men and women of all fitness and experience levels are welcome!
POINT OF CONTACT: TSgt Johnston
CLUB DESCRIPTION: Want to start or grow your business? Join our group of motivated people as we regularly meet, discuss ideas, offer advice, and hold each other accountable.
POINT OF CONTACT: SrA David Inman
EMAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com
CLUB DESCRIPTION: If you love to ride, then you will feel right at home!
There are many great roads and scenic drives to explore. The Tri-State area has a variety of road types which will help enhance riding skills. Road conditions in the local area are generally maintained but riders must remain vigilant for hazards such as changing road conditions, wildlife, weather and distracted drivers. We as a group, take the time to teach new riders important riding skills as well as make each other better. We participate in safety related activities as it relates to motorcycles and enjoy the comradery of the open road with the wind in our face. We're supported by The Green Knights International Military Motorcycle Club formed in 1999 with the goal of promoting rider safety, mentorship, and driver awareness. There are over 100 chapters worldwide with one at nearly every US military installation. Barksdale's Chapter 75 was established in 2008 and we welcome all riders to include sport bikes, cruisers, touring and everything in between.
POINT OF CONTACT: Troy Bencke
EMAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLUB DESCRIPTION: Come On Outside and help an Airman give their yard a facelift! This is an incredible opportunity to serve your Barksdale community if you love or have interest in yardwork or planting plants/flowers. There is no experience required. You can come out to learn or participate in a yard/landscaping project. Airmen, Military Spouses, civilians and Barksdale affiliates are encouraged to join!
POINT OF CONTACT: SSgt Clinton Pearson
CLUB DESCRIPTION: Barksdale PRIDE is a group established to enhance moral, education, and support for LGBT service members, their families, and allies. Our mission is to enhance and sustain the health and well-being by providing essential resources and activities within the local community; advocating for civil and human rights to embrace, promote, and support our cultural diversity.
POINT OF CONTACT: Wenona Welch, Randi Sologaistoa, Amy Benitez
CLUB DESCRIPTION: Our vision is to create a fun and focused group of individuals devoted to physical fitness and MAXING the Iron Airman Fitness Challenge. Once every week (possibly Thursdays), we would like to have a meeting where workouts, ideas, and motivated attitudes are exchanged. An optional workout will be held after the meeting. All fitness levels, ages, genders, etc. are welcome. The only things that will never be welcome are negativity and putting others down. I will consult multiple degreed nutritionists and fitness instructors before permitting a workout/health challenge in the group. If you would like the contact information of those experts, please let me know. I will ask permission to provide that information.
POINT OF CONTACT: 2d Lt Amanda Ley, A1C Ashley Adkins
CLUB DESCRIPTION: Barksdale Volleyball is a group for anyone that has the same interest for playing some volleyball. Whether you have been playing for years or just want to come out and have some fun, you have found your place!
POINT OF CONTACT: A1C Courtney Alvey, A1C Naomi Abel
POINT OF CONTACT: SrA Cameran Vincent
CLUB DESCRIPTION: Welcome to the lair of the Magic the Gathering Club! We are a group of MTG enthusiasts eager to get together and throw a showdown of skills. From new rookies to experienced veterans, we are looking for all who would like to join and become a part of our club. We will hold standard, commander, limited, modern, drafts and tournaments as we get more people into the group. You can find us on Facebook as Magic The Gathering Buff Club
POINT OF CONTACT: SSgt Jose Flores
The intent of this club is to provide a means for military members stationed at Barksdale AFB, who enjoy photography, to meet and learn from each other. There is not an experience level requirement to join this club as it is open to all experience levels. As this club grows the goal is to provide workshops and other events to help photographers to pursue what they enjoy. The workshops will range from teaching basics on camera handling, lighting, use of release forms, photo editing, etc. Another goal of this club will be to help the military members build networks in the local community among those photographers, models, etc.
POINT OF CONTACT: TSgt Gregory Gilliland
Barksdale iGoBan is a group to bring together individuals to learn and play a centuries old board game that is simple to learn, but difficult to master. If the predictability of Chess is wearing on you, or just want to try something new, Go may be a game for you! Play on a 9x9,
13x13, or 19x19 board for games ranging in difficulty and length. For those already familiar with the game: join, hone your skills, and teach those new to the game!
Red River Modeler is a group dedicated to the building of scale models including but not limited to figures, aircraft, ships, automotive, armor and sci-fi to name a few. At any given time, one or more club members are working in or learning about "other" model materials and teaching new techniques. We meet the first Monday of each month at Hobby Town on Youree Drive in Shreveport from 6 P.M to 8 P.M. Bring your project to show or maybe you would like someone to assist you with your model kit. No matter what, we would like to see you there.
POINT OF CONTACT: TSgt. Nathan Ennis
Our club is dedicated to growing and learning by seeking information to help us succeed. We will select and read a book every month. At the end of the month, we will meet and discuss what we have learned. By sharing what we have learned, we will grow together and take full advantage of our rich diversity!
POINT OF CONTACT: MSgt Ricardo Henry / TSgt Kari Dell'Orso
Barksdale Skateboards is designed to bring together skaters and keep them connected with our collective tribe. Our aim is to organize skate sessions and progress the passion and raw skill of skateboarding. Stoner Avenue Skate Plaza is the primary focus for our sessions along with opportunities to venture local spots and road trip our surrounding area. All age groups are welcome, which drives unscripted mentorship and coaching. Girl riders thrive in our culture and are always welcome to push the boundaries. Barksdale Skateboards is human experience!
POINT OF CONTACT: MSgt Travis Fowles
If you are over 18 and like the idea of a full contact sport that allows for aggressive behavior, competition, and strong teamwork, then roller derby is for you. Along with being a good time, roller derby is excellent exercise. You will build strength and endurance while at the same time getting into shape! Additionally, we host exciting events and you’ll meet some awesome new people. So if you want to go fast, play hard, make some friends, and feel great about yourself and your body, then come check it out! All you need to bring is a mouth guard and lots of water. We have loaner gear and skates.
POINT OF CONTACT: Amanda Talley
Freedom Jeep Club is a base and community wide off-roading club for jeep owners and anyone else who would like to partake. Monthly events of trail runs are posted on our Facebook account and sent out on the email listing. Trail rides take place on weekends within the local area as well as destinations as far as a couple hours.
POINT OF CONTACT: A1C Decker