Welcome to Barksdale!

What is BAFB School of Choice (K-12)?

Active duty residents who live on base with school age children now have the option to send their child to any school in Bossier Parish up to the school’s functional capacity.


How does school of choice work?

Barksdale Air Force Base (BAFB) resident school of choice (k-12) forms for military families living on the base are available for pickup on May 1 at the School Board Annex II.  Please pick up and complete the applications and bring them along with a military ID, proof of residence, and a copy of your lease for approval to:

Bossier Parish School Board, Annex II,

316 Sibley Street, Benton, LA 71006  

For assistance contact Ms. Judy Willcox at judy.willcox@bossierschools.org, or call (318) 549-5040.  Once the application has been approved you may take it to the school you selected and register your student. If student is transitioning from one school level (elementary to middle, middle to high) a new application must be submitted with appropriate documentation:

  • Proof of residence (housing letter or copy of lease)
  • Military I.D.
  • Parent/student must provide own transportation



Will transportation be provided to school of choice students?

Parents are required to provide transportation for schools outside of their zoned schools.

Will school of choice be available for incoming personnel after school has started?



If the first school we select does not work for us could we transfer to another school outside of the district?

Once registered at the School of Choice, no transfer can be made to any other Bossier Parish School other than the school in the student’s designated attendance zone.  School of Choice enrollment is approved for an entire school level (elementary, middle and high school).


What does school of choice mean for my high school athlete?

The Louisiana High School Athletic Association (LHSAA) eligibility requirements are not governed by the Bossier Parish School Board.  All high school athletic eligibility issues will be determined by the LHSAA.