PRINT | E-MAIL
CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT MARK E. BROWN
Chief Master Sergeant Mark E. Brown is the Superintendent, 2nd Operations Group, Barksdale Air
Force Base, Louisiana. His primary responsibility is to advise the commander on all
matters pertaining to the readiness, training, professional development, and effective
utilization of the enlisted force. Chief Brown provides mentorship and guidance to 560 assigned
military and civilian personnel across four squadrons to ensure the group is able to
provide our Nation’s leaders with global strike and deterrence options across the
spectrum of nuclear and conventional operations
Chief Master Sergeant Brown is a native of Doylestown, Pennsylvania, and entered the Air Force in
July 1995. His background includes various duites in the Command and Control Battle Management
Operations career field. During his career, he has supported numerous campaigns including
Operations SOUTHERN WATCH, ENDURING FREEDOM, INHERENT RESOLVE, the AIR DENFENSE of the
ARABIAN GULF and FREEDOM’S SENTINEL.
Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the 608th Air Operation Center
Chief Enlisted Manager, Barksdale AFB, Louisana.
1995 – Aerospace Control and Warning Systems Course, Tyndall AFB, FL. 2000 – Airman Leadership School, Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ.
2001 – Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Lackland AFB, TX.
2005 – USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Correspondence 2006 – Associate in Applied Science Degree, Space Operations, CCAF
2008 – Associate in Applied Science Degree, Business Administration, Grantham University 2011 – Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, AL.
1. July–September 1995, trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, TX
2. September–October 1995, student, Aerospace Control & Warning Systems Course, Tyndall AFB, FL.
3. October 1995–December 1997, Weapons Director Technician, 81st Range Control Squadron, Tyndall AFB, FL.
4. December 1997–December 1998, Weapons Director Technician, 932d Air Defense Squadron, Keflavik Naval Air Station, Iceland
5. January 1999–March 2001, noncommissioned officer in charge, Data Links Training, 612th Combat Operations Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ.
(June 1999–October 1999, Air Defense Systems Integrator Operator, Operations Directorate, Joint Task Force-Southwest Asia, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
6. March 2001–March 2003, noncommissioned officer in charge, Standardizations and Evaluations and Current Operations, 932d Air Defense Squadron, Keflavik Naval Air Station, Iceland
7. March 03–December 2004, noncommissioned officer in charge, Data Links Training, 612th Combat Operations Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ.
8. December 2004–December 2006, Numbered Air Force Standardization and Evaluations Examiner, 12th Air Force, Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ.
9. December 2006–December 2008, Superintendent, Charlie Crew, Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center, Cheyenne Mountain Air Station, CO.
10. December 2008–September 2009, Superintendent, Airspace Management Branch, Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center, Cheyenne Mountain Air Station, CO.
11. September 2009–October 2010, Superintendent Command and Control Integration Aerospace & Maritime Division, Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center, Cheyenne Mountain Air Station, CO.
12. October 2010–October 2012, Superintendent, Joint Operations Center, Joint Interagency Task Force-South, Naval Air Station Key West, FL.
13. October 2012–June 2015, Superintendent, 337th Air Control Squadron, Tyndall AFB, FL.
14. June 2015- June 2016, Chief Enlisted Manager, 609th Air Operations Center, Al Udeid, Qatar
15. July 2016 – June 2018, Chief Enlisted Manager, 608th Air Operations Center, 8th Air Force, Barksdale AFB, LA
16. June 2018 – Present, Group Superintendent, 2d Operations Group, Barksdale AFB,LA. (October 201 – February 2019, Group Superintendent, 455th Expeditionary Operations Group, Bagram AB, Afghanistan)
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with Combat device, three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
2009 HQ NORAD, Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2011 Distinguished Graduate, Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2011 USSOUTHCOM, Senior
Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2014 33rd Operations Group Lance P. Sijan Nominee
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Chief Master Sergeant 01 September 2015
(Current as of September 2020)