|COLONEL MICHAEL E. ADDERLEY|
Colonel Michael E. Adderley is the commander of the 2nd Operations Group, Barksdale Air Force Base La. In this position, he commands the Air Force Global Strike Command's largest bomb group, with 27 B-52 aircraft, a team of 600 Airmen and civilian employees, and an annual budget of $81.5M. His primary responsibility is organizing, training and equipping his group to provide the Nation's leaders with global strike and deterrence options across the spectrum of nuclear, near-peer and contingency operations.
Colonel Adderley is a 1990 graduate of Western Maryland College and was commissioned through the AFROTC program at the University of Maryland. Colonel Adderley previously served as Commander, 5th Operations Support Squadron, Minot Air Force Base, N.D. After serving as a Minuteman III ICBM crewmember and attending Undergraduate Pilot Training, he served as a B-52H co-pilot, pilot, instructor pilot and weapons officer. He served in numerous squadron and wing leadership positions including Life Support Flight Commander, Weapons and Tactics Flight Commander and Wing Weapons Officer. Colonel Adderley deployed in support of various contingencies including Operation ALLIED FORCE in 1999, Operation ENDURING FREEDOM in 2002 and Operation IRAQI FREEDOM in 2003. In July 2003, Colonel Adderley was assigned to the Checkmate Division on the Air Staff at the Pentagon, Washington D.C. where he served as an Aerospace Strategist in the PACOM/NORTHCOM branch. He also served as a Strategic/Theater War Planner at HQ USCENTCOM J5 Strategy, Policy and Plans Directorate, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla.
Colonel Adderley is a Command Pilot with more than 3,400 hours in the B-52H and more than 500 combat hours in operations ALLIED FORCE, ENDURING FREEDOM and IRAQI FREEDOM.
1990 Bachelor of Arts degree in History, Western Maryland College, Westminster, Md.
1997 Squadron Officers School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2000 USAF Weapons Instructor Course, Barksdale AFB, La.
2004 Master of Arts degree in Military Sciences, American Military University, Charles Town, W. Va.
2005 Army Command & General Staff College, Ft. Leavenworth, Kan.
2008 Joint and Combined Warfighting School, Norfolk Naval Base, Va.
2012 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. August - December 1991, Student, Undergraduate Missile Training, 4315 CCTS, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
2. January 1992 - May 1994, Deputy, Instructor, Missile Crew Commander, 740th Missile Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
3. June 1994 - June 1995, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, 71st Flying Training Wing, Vance AFB, Okla.
4. July 1995 - February 1996, Student, B-52 Initial Qualification Course, 11th Bomb Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
5. March 1996 - June 2002, B-52H Co- Pilot, Pilot, Instructor Pilot, 96th Bomb Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
6. July 2002 - June 2003, Wing Weapons Officer, 2nd Operations Support Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
7. July 2003 - May 2004, Aerospace Strategist, CHECKMATE Division, Pentagon, District of Columbia
8. June 2004 - June 2005, Student, Army Command & General Staff College, Ft. Leavenworth, Kan.
9. July 2005 - May 2008, Strategic/Theater War Planner, J5 Directorate, HQ USCENTCOM, MacDill AFB, Fla.
10. June 2008 - October 2009, Director of Operations, 2nd Operations Support Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
11 November 2009 - June 2011, Commander, 5th Operations Support Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
12. July 2011 - May 2012 - Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: ~3400
Combat Hours: 520
Aircraft Flown: T-37, T-38, B-52H
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Distinguished Flying Cross with one oak leaf cluster
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Army Achievement Medal
Combat Readiness Medal with three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with star device
Kosovo Campaign Medal with star device
Iraq Campaign Medal with star device
GWOT Expeditionary Medal
GWOT Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant May 1990
First Lieutenant November 1992
Captain November 1994
Major December 2001
Lieutenant Colonel November 2006
Colonel April 2012
Current as of: June 2012